Notably Quoted....

I like information. You could call me an information junkie. I like to research, read and then write about what I have learned. I like knowing "stuff!" So, another term for me could be... "a-know-it-all." It's okay... I am coming to terms with this label and finding out how to use my powers for good and not evil. Ha, ha! :P


I used to write stories and poems as a kid and teen, and inevitably, they would represent some part of me: past, present, or future. Maybe, someday, I will take the time to write like that again... If and when the inspiration hits. 

But, for today (January 6th), I wanted to see who else, out there, had experienced what I have and what they had to say about it. It reminds me that we are never alone... there is nothing "new under the sun." It was a cathartic exercise for me, since, today is my 16th anniversary. It's ok... I'm ok.... So, today I looked up quotes and one liners. I love finding great quotes! You will see some funny, witty, and some of the most beautiful expressions of love lost. 



"Bad as I like ye, it's worse without ye".  ~Irish Proverb



"Yet leave me not; yet, if thou wilt, be free;
Love me no more, but love my love of thee."
~Algernon Charles Swinburne



"Have you ever been hurt and the place tries to heal a bit, and you just pull the scar off of it over and over again"  ~Rosa Parks


"I prithee send me back my heart,
Since I cannot have thine;
For if from yours you will not part,
Why, then, shouldst thou have mine?"
~John Suckling




"To die and part is a less evil; but to part and live, there, there is the torment."  ~George Lansdowne 


"Missing you could turn from pain to pleasure, if I knew you were missing me too." ~Author Unknown 


 "I like the snot to run a little, the tears to accumulate a bit before reaching for the handkerchief.  Then I know I’m really crying.  Crying just isn’t crying unless it’s messy."  ~D.H. Mondfleur (Ha, ha! Loved this one!!)


"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion.  I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward." ~Kurt Vonnegut



"Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts."  ~Charles Dickens, Great Expectations, 1860


 

"The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears."  ~John Vance Cheney





"To weep is to make less the depth of grief."
~William Shakespeare, King Henry the Sixth


"Wife: honey I want you to whisper dirty things in my ear! Husband: kitchen, living room, dinning room, patio" ~Anonymous (they are obviously no longer together!)


"It’s hard to tell your mind to stop loving someone when your heart still does." ~Anonymous



"Why is it that when you miss someone so much that your heart is ready to disintegrate, you hear the saddest song on the radio?" ~Anonymous (This is sooo true!!)




"I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited. But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it. I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded. That for me it isn't over." ~Adele 

"The hottest love has the coldest end." ~Socrates


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DELETE!!!!

Planted

God Texts!