Planted

A seed. Mixed into an envelope with many other seeds. Varieties of all kinds. Pulled from the package and placed into a dark, moist, dirty, lonely hole. Then completely covered with more dirt and drowned with water. If I wasn't more sure, I would think that is just what I am. Alone. Covered. Overwhelmed. Drowning. Dirty. In a place that sees more darkness than light.

How did I get here? Who put me in this pot? Why am I in over my head? Are there any other seeds out there??

I prefer to plant flowers that have already begun to grow. I mean who really wants to wait around to watch for seeds to sprout? I would much rather have a beautiful bush of mums on my front porch than a bunch of dirt filled pots! Right?? And waiting for a seed to grow?? Who has the patience? If I am decorating around my home, I want beauty NOW. Not in 6 to 8 weeks.... or longer.

You know, planting a seed has often times reminded me of burial. Especially with my not-so-green thumb. I have to hope and pray that I will see my flower some day! I have sent many a seed to the great garden beyond! But, in reality, planting a seed is very much like a resurrection. Placing something seemingly insignificant into the ground to one day become a glorious, beautiful and fragrant gift. And think of the multiplication factor going on here! Now I am by no means a mathematician!! I can hardly help my 4th grader with her math homework! UGH!! But there is something quite amazing with multiplication. One tiny seed can produce a pot full of flowers, a shrub, and even an oak tree!! You receive so much more life springing up from the ground than the small, seemingly insignificant seed you have buried.

That is how I have to look at life right now. No matter what I have lost, buried: relationships... jobs... friendships... dreams... If I have buried them into the hands of my Father, into His soil; the return I will get for my investment will be so much greater than holding on to those tiny, seemingly insignificant seeds. For if I can let them go, and give them to the Master Creator, I can be sure that his gardening skills are so much greater than mine. His multiplication is beyond my understanding. His resurrection covers a multitude of hurts and pains. And His garden is beyond compare.

I, impatient as I am, have to be prepared to wait. I love the way the Message presents Psalms 40:1 "I waited and waited and waited for God. At last he looked; finally he listened. He lifted me out of the ditch, pulled me from deep mud." I wait constantly. But I continue. And I pray that the master Gardener is tending to my soul and will produce a rich, beautiful and fragrant garden one day.


Isaiah 58:11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

Comments

  1. What a great picture of life, Crystal! I pray blessings and grace over you on your new journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Stephanie! Focusing on His plan rather than the trial is a big step. I know He has a plan or I would have been gone long ago. :) So, now, I have to move forward despite the distractions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DELETE!!!!

Don't Worry.... Be Happy