Conversations with God

My morning consisted of many activities, but one stands out above the rest. It is a conversation that I had with God.

I did as I do many days, I talk audibly to the open air in my house. I concentrate in prayer more easily when I talk out loud. I presented my laundry list of concerns and posed many questions about upcoming events in the near future. I reminded Him of imposing deadlines that would surely determine major events in the lives of whom I am held accountable. I reminded Him that many of these decisions could be very costly and involve many players. AND I reminded him again of the deadlines quickly approaching.... again. 

Mind you, these are no small decisions and they have not risen overnight. After posing these issues to Him time and time again over the past year, I am beginning to wonder if my communication line is completely broken down. Surely, He knows that I have to have a job to support my family... that my landlord is awaiting my decision to stay or vacate and the only extension is another year lease... that my teacher certification is awaiting my enrollment in summer classes which is dependent on employment within a certified school... among many other issues that have to have answers within a couple of weeks.

I mean, I begin to wonder why I pose these issues to Him at all after sitting at the throne time and time again... I have actually heard myself saying... out loud... 

"HEL-LO!!! Is this mic on??"

So, I stopped talking. I turned on my radio and this is exactly what I heard....

"Do you know where Jesus Christ is right now? The Bible says Jesus is in Heaven, and He lives today to make intercession for us. Right now, Jesus is praying for you. And do you know how He is praying for you?  As He is making intercession for you before his Father? As Jesus watches you going through the trial you may be going through in your life right now. Jesus is praying, 'God, give them the strength to hang on. NOT to give up!' Jesus, right now is weeping for you. Just like Joseph wept for his brothers. Jesus is weeping for you saying, 'Oh God, there is so much I would like to show them. I would like to tell them. I would like to reveal to them how this is all gonna turn out out for good cause they love me and are called according to my purpose. I would love to tell them the story, but the time is not right, not yet.' " Dr. Robert Jeffress (pastor of First Baptist Dallas) was speaking about the story of Joseph and the story of Lazarus. 

Well, of course, my ears perked right up! I knew this was NO accident. It was at the end of his sermon, so I went online to hear the rest. He related the story of Mary and Martha and how they could not understand why Jesus had not come sooner. Their brother, a man whom Jesus loved, had died while waiting on his friend. "Jesus wept." HE WEPT! Even while knowing what HE was about to do... to speak life into the man who was in the grave... Jesus was so incredibly moved by the sorrow of his sweet friends, that he wept for them. They didn't know that a resurrection was on the way. 


Joseph could not have known that he was delivered into the hands of the Egyptians to one day become their ruler and save them and the hands that delivered him... his own family... from starvation. He had had a dream, but the dream must have seemed like a distant memory after so many years of slavery, accusation and imprisonment. Once again, God had planned, to breathe life into a dead relationship and save a people from annihilation. A resurrection was in store for Joseph and his brothers. God never forgot where Joseph was at, and He was prepared to work good for him because Joseph loved Him and was called according to His purpose.  


So, today, I was thankful that Jesus reminded me exactly where He stands. That my "mic," so to speak, is still on. That He is making intercession for me to his Father.  That He is still in the resurrection business. That He weeps over me. And, that there is so much more to this story, that is yet to be revealed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DELETE!!!!

Planted

God Texts!