DELETE!!!!

I love to take pictures! My girls and I will get together and see how many distorted faces we can make and take in one photo session. Its loads of fun, ,but never anything I would allow to get out into the public!!! NO WAY!! Most of the time, we just hit "delete" and keep going. My older daughter and I might threaten each other that we are going to post it to each others profile page on facebook, but we never do.


Why? I mean, we had great fun making those pics, why not let the world see us in our silly, laugh out loud moments? Not to mention the pictures taken when I am off guard, or not at my best? The humid days when I look like little orphan Annie got electrocuted! Or when I am not standing just right and sucking in my gut? Or, my favorite pics when little daughter shoots a picture from below, and I look like I am ALL chest?? You know those pics? The not-so-perfect-let-me-preview-that-pic-before-you-save-it-oooh-its-so-bad-let-me-delete-that-and-try-again-pic???


Isn't that kind of like out lives? Most days, we are  not at our picture-perfect-best, right? But forbid anyone else to see us that way! Put on your best smile, make-up, lift your chin and take the picture from a downward shot as to make you look thinner....


posed....


picture.


Our lives can't always be posed. We all have bad hair days. When we didn't handle that situation just right with our teenage daughter, and now our voices are raised, and someone is crying. When we are in such a rush to get to school on time, and we hit every stop light, forget someone's lunch at home, and then chocolate milk gets spilled down the front of a white uniform shirt as we are 2 minutes from the school, already running late. Or maybe we feel as if we have been hurt too much, gone too far, and noone could ever understand.


Its ok. Let the flaws be uncovered. Be yourself. Raw. Photographed.


One moment in time could never tell your whole life's story. But the pieces of it, all fit together in a Divine puzzle, that will one day lead to a masterpiece of artwork.


Piece by piece.


Moment by moment.


One imperfect picture at a time.


So, take those pictures. Don't delete them!! Share them! You never know who you will inspire by the undeleted pictures in your life!!


2 Corinthians 1:3-5
"All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us. We have plenty of hard times that come from following the Messiah, but no more so than the good times of his healing comfort—we get a full measure of that, too."

Comments

  1. Uhhhh, I didn't give you permission to post those pics!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time... post good (and approved!!) pics of me up there... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Planted

Don't Worry.... Be Happy