God Texts!

In a much earlier post, I mentioned that it would be so awesome if sometimes God would actually text us or call us so that we could feel like we were having a real life conversation....

So, I have to share this little story from last night... its like 2am and I can't sleep. Bogged down by all the events of the evening, I just could seem to wind down. I had done all sorts of things and had been laying in bed listening to Gateway's praise and worship music for quite a while. I kept having the urge to turn on the TV, because the nights are sometimes the hardest. But, I also had the feeling that God was telling me, "Just wait. Listen for me. I will keep you company."

So... I waited. It just seemed to get harder.

It was getting later and later. Just when I roll over thinking that I am gonna get no relief... it happened.

I heard that buzzing sound coming from my phone... what? Who on earth would be texting me in the middle of the night? It's almost 3am.

I looked at my phone, thinking I was probably just mistaken, but no. There it was. A text from God.

Now don't think I have totally lost my mind here... just hear me out.

The text was actually written from a friend of mine who had been awakened by her daughter having a nightmare... happened to get on FB and see my last post. She was texting me to let me know that she was praying for me right then. She reminded me of God's grace and his provision. She referred to other stories of tragedy and the beauty that came from their ashes. She could have waited to text me the next morning or during the day, but she acted exactly when God knew that I needed someone to reach out to me in the middle of the night. Incredible, isn't He! (Thanks, girl!!)

And then... if that wasn't enough... it happened again! Another message from another person just minutes later! My phone buzzes, and there is a message from my mom. Her message was "trust." It pretty much underlined the theme of the night. (Thanks, Mom!)

He showed me, in real time, that He was listening... He was talking... He was taking care of me...He was HERE.

But wait... here's the kicker.... before all of this happened, I had prayed a simple prayer...

"God, can you please just show me that You are here? You know how lonely it gets in the middle of the night. I just wanna know that You are here."

"Is there any place I can go to avoid your Spirit?
      to be out of your sight?
   If I climb to the sky, you're there!
      If I go underground, you're there!
   If I flew on morning's wings
      to the far western horizon,
   You'd find me in a minute—
      you're already there waiting!
   Then I said to myself, "Oh, he even sees me in the dark!
      At night I'm immersed in the light!"
   It's a fact: darkness isn't dark to you;
      night and day, darkness and light, they're all the same to you." Psalm 139:7-12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DELETE!!!!

Planted