New Year...New ???

"If Satan can keep you looking back, he can keep you from moving forward. It's a new day. Press on." Dr. Tony Evans
What does pressing on look like? And if this is a "new day" and a "new year".... why does it look and feel so much like the old one?
Accepting this new role as a single... single mom... is the challenge of accepting many things that are completely beyond my control. One of them being, accepting the simple fact, that I am not in control of anything. 
Sometimes the car turns to the left, sometimes it doesn't. The ice maker... well, doesn't make anything. I have no idea what the next day will bring... more bills, more worries, more heartache??? 
Or, could this "new day, new year" actually bring new good things? 
There's "the rub." I don't know, and I have no control over any of it.  I do my best and the rest... well, it's up to Him. Jeremiah 29:11 has come to my attention several times today, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." 
My future is very unclear, uncertain and unbelievably scary when I try to imagine it. But that is where I go back to the Scripture and remind myself that me being out of control is the best place to be, because that puts Him IN CONTROL. Looking back is no longer an option. Pressing on is the ONLY option. 
It is going to be a day by day decision to move forward. And I will have to remind myself of that more times than I want to imagine. So, "new day"... here we go...
"If God is going to take you to where He wants you to go, you can't be bound to where you have been." Dr. Tony Evans

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planted

DELETE!!!!

Don't Worry.... Be Happy